Did someone say....treats?
Here at Smack Pet Food, we are all about the pumpkin. All but one of our delicious Smack products contains this paw-some ingredient, packed with vitamins, minerals, iron, potassium...just to name a few! Check out our recent blogpost for more on this incredible ingredient.
But if you're looking to take your dog's pumpkin enjoyment to the next level... why not pamper them with some home-baked pumpkin treats? Read on for one of our favourite fall treats for pooches.
Pumpkin Treats for Dogs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24 treats
1 cup freshly cooked pumpkin or unsweetened canned pumpkin
2 cups coconut flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened/natural peanut butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons water (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean, floured surface and mix together with your hands to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out treats and place evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
As with any food, too much pumpkin can cause issues for your dog. Start with small quantities to avoid adding too much fibre to their bowl, and always consult your veterinarian with any concerns or questions.